Sunday, June 5, 2011

peppers and peas

On Friday, I got to make good use of our enhanced watering tools--a 100' hose and caddy, which means we'll be able to get water on the garden a lot easier this year.


Nathan put in about ten peppers earlier in the week, and they look great.  We have five sweet peppers and a variety of five hot pepper plants.  (And we might do more.)  The seedlings look good--even the watermelon and squash have sprouted.  The tomatoes look terrific.

(one of the new peppers)

The snow peas are blooming fast now, and the plants have reached the top of the fence.  We're going to have a LOT of snow peas.  I hope they'll keep blooming for a while--I'm at a playwrights conference in Idaho for two weeks, so I fear they'll be gone by the time I get back.  Tracy will handle coordination of watering and volunteers while I'm gone (we need lots of help).  I imagine the garden will look quite different in two weeks.
(snow peas to the top of the fence)

No comments:

Post a Comment