Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rain, rain, rain (and thunder)--planting day moved to Sunday

All the rain this morning will make it impossible for us to have our planting day today, so we'll have to move it tomorrow (Sunday).  I know it's Mother's Day, so we'll see if we get anyone to show up.  (Come if you can, please.)  We'll be planting from 9:30am-11:30am, and will have tasty snacks from When Pigs Fly Bakery.

The good news is that we're well-prepared.  I went in yesterday and sorted all the plants, moving all the ones ready to be planted to one side of the greenhouse and all the ones staying to the other.  I even took a complete inventory (this takes a while), so I have a good idea of what we've got and what we're missing (not as much as I feared).  I bought six trowels.  I made a map and copies of the map.  Ready to roll.

Once we clear out some space, we'll actually need to do a bunch of repotting--the tomatoes and peppers need bigger homes.  But at the moment, the greenhouse is too stuffed to really make that happen.  I'm a little concerned that it's supposed to get kind of cold tomorrow night, but if we have the hands to plant tomorrow, it might be worth trying.  Otherwise, the schedule gets problematic.

So, sorry we can't do it today, but if you have some free time and energy tomorrow, we sure would use your help.  (We have a field trip coming on Monday, so I'd sure like to make sure they have stuff to see.)  We have 288 seedlings that will go in the ground tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment